Hotfix (Updated 1.9.8 Release)
- Fixed the method of detecting corrupt fonts, which caused the initial 12 June 1.9.8 release to lag significantly or freeze on some systems.
- Fixed a bug whereby items could not be promoted (moved left) in the binder via the Move menu command or shortcut.
Refinements and Changes
- Updated several libraries in third-party import and export converters.
- Worked around an issue that could prevent Scrivener from opening if an installed font crashed the font parser. If this happens, Scrivener will now skip the font on subsequent launches, with an initial message to the user.
- Added a check to prevent saving or opening projects within Scrivener's installation folder.
- Minor edits to the tutorial project.
- Fixed a bug that caused the query mark character to be lost from documents created or edited on the iOS or macOS versions of Scrivener using Cyrillic.
- Fixed an issue whereby the \Mobile folder structure within a project might not be properly deleted after syncing iOS changes to Windows if Dropbox had created hidden files within the folder, resulting in changes being lost when syncing back to iOS.
- Fixed a bug whereby projects with many identically-named images (such as images pasted from the clipboard) failed to compile to ebook formats because the auto-generated unique names grew too long.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when loading a project with certain UI configurations using the outliner group view mode.
- Fixed a bug whereby the text of imported documents might not be saved within the search index until the document was edited.
- Fixed a bug whereby significant delays could occur the first time a project was searched or saved after opening. Projects experiencing this issue will have a slow initial save/search when first opened in 1.9.8 but should then run more speedily even after being closed and reopened.
- Fixed a bug whereby auto-completions were not properly capitalised when used in all-caps script elements.
- Fixed a bug whereby document groups with a synopsis but no main text did not show as a group icon.
- Corrected a typo in the Dutch translation.