Version released: 15th October 2014
Refinements and Changes
- Yosemite Compatible
- Bug fixes and minor refinements for Yosemite support.
- Fixed bug whereby colour palette popovers would contain a large, empty grey area on Yosemite.
- Fixed bug whereby changing the text colour of a note while editing it would not update the insertion point colour.
- When notes are faded, their shadows are now also faded.
- Fixed bug whereby arrows might not be drawn correctly when drawing fell across fractional pixels.
- Fixed bug whereby notes count label could disappear beneath the zoom slider during window resizing.
- Fixed bug whereby editing could suddenly end when editing a note at the edge of the view when the board was scaled.
- Hopefully fixed bug whereby notes that inherited the fill colour of a background shape would be filled with too dark a colour when the background shape was faded.
Version released: 23rd October 2013
Download Scapple for (64-bit) or for (32-bit) Note that Mac App Store purchases require a 64-bit computer, this download will not allow you to run Scapple on 32-bit machines if you purchase from Apple. If you require 32-bit access, then purchase directly from us.).
Refinements and Changes
- Mavericks Compatible
- Enhanced for Mavericks, including support for tags and responsive scrolling.
- When creating a new note with Cmd-Return, the new note now maintains the indent level of the selected note.
- Showing or hiding the footer bar will now determine the setting for new documents.
- Added View > Page Guides, which provides guides showing where page boundaries will fall when printing.
- Minor changes to file format and file reading for compatibility with Windows version.
- Scapple now drags out rich text to Scrivener (requires Scrivener 2.5).
- Rearranged inspector for consistency.
- When exporting only selected notes, only the selected items in a stack are now exported (previously the whole stack beneath the first note selected in
it would be exported).
- Export now prioritises stack order over cluster order.
- When notes are stacked, they now always maintain their left alignment with
other notes in the stack, even when auto-sizing is enabled and the notes are
right- or centre-aligned.
- When splitting a note, the new note now uses the default note width rather
than the width of the note it was split from while editing.
- The Preferences panel now applies changes when it loses focus even if the
focus was still in one of its text fields.
- Indenting notes is now limited so that you cannot indent so much that a
note’s text disappears.
- When double-clicking to create a new note, the placement of the note will
now depend on the default alignment as set in the Preferences.
- Notes created by double-clicking on lines now use the default note style
rather than the style of one of the connected notes, even if “Use selected
note style for new notes” is set in the Preferences.
- You can now drag any file type onto the canvas. Notes containing links will
be created for files other than text or image files.
- You can now drag URLs onto the canvas from web pages.
- Fixed bug whereby the board would not reload when versions were restored.
- Fixed bug whereby notes set to use black text colour would always use the
default text colour.
- Fixed bug whereby the “z” QuickZoom shortcut didn’t work on all
- Fixed bug whereby printing documents with coloured or patterned backgrounds
may result in the arrows or text not being visible in the print-out (or
exported PDF) because the text would always be black and the connecting
lines would use the default text colour regardless of whether the background
was set to be printed or not.
- Fixed bug whereby connecting lines did not use default text colour.
- Fixed bug whereby quitting the app while editing a note would cause the
edits to that note to be lost.
- Fixed bug whereby Paste would not work for images on the clipboard.
- Fixed minor bug whereby auto-sizing wouldn’t work if you changed the font
size while a note was being edited.
- Fixed bugs affecting stacks when used with right-to-left direction.
- Fixed display bug which would cause the window to appear before it was fully
- Fixed bug whereby double-clicking on a line inside a shape would create a
new note that was not connected to the line.
- Fixed bug whereby alignment and indent was lost when pasting text into a note.
- Fixed bug whereby the default alignment set in the Preferences wouldn’t be
applied when using Apply Note Style > Default Note Style.
- Shadows at the edges of the board no longer get clipped when printing or
generating a PDF or PNG.
Software released: April 23, 2013