Bug Report 3.1: Focus toolbar icon disabled in fullscreen mode

Cosmicjive
Platform: Mac + Windows

Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:05 pm Post

I love the new "Focus" feature, but I think I hit a bug. When you place the "Focus" button in the toolbar, you can use it to enable/disable the feature, and also change the mode (Line, Sentence, Paragraph). However, if you then put the application in MacOS Fullscreen Mode (not Composition Mode), the button no longer functions properly. It can still be clicked to enable/disable the feature, but the mode (Line, Sentence, Paragraph) cannot be changed (the options are greyed out). The mode can still be changed through the "View > Text Editing > Focus" menu, just not through the toolbar button.

-Jeff

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:56 pm Post

Hey Jeff! Nice to see you around.

I can reproduce that on 10.14. Odd that it seems to be unaware of correct focus in the editor, since the Insert button, which would have the same text-view focus restraint, is working. Hopefully that means it is easy to fix as well. :)
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

KB
Site Admin
Platform: Mac

Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:50 pm Post

Bah, this is down to an annoying macOS bug - for some reason, toolbar items fail to find the focussed view in some circumstances (full screen being one of them). I have to work around this by adding the action to the main window and manually passing it on to the first responder for all tool bar items. I forgot to do that here - I've fixed it for 3.1.2. Thanks!
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

Cosmicjive
Platform: Mac + Windows

Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:37 am Post

Awesome. Really love that feature, by the way. It's brilliant.

Good talking to you again! I couldn't resist playing with the new Dark Mode feature and themes, and stumbled across the "focus" thing.

-Jeff