Images are centered in PDF and epub formats, but appear left-justified in mobi format

lk
lkgeorge
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:22 am
Platform: Mac

Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:26 am Post

Images are brought in via tags, they are centered in the draft, and they have "Preserve Formatting" specified:
Screen Shot 2018-07-12 at 9.25.36 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-07-12 at 9.25.36 PM.png (8.06 KiB) Viewed 653 times


I have a small test project but it's too big to upload; let me know if I can send it another way.

Thanks--

Jo
JoRo
Posts: 490
Joined: Sat May 26, 2018 6:40 am
Platform: Mac

Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:32 am Post

Some ideas to reduce the size of the test project:

1. A single image would suffice for a test.

2. A small low-res image can be used.

3. All extraneous material can be deleted from the project, and the trash emptied.

4. The single-image project can be zipped before uploading.

Such a project should be fine to upload to the forum.

Best.

lk
lkgeorge
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:22 am
Platform: Mac

Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:46 am Post

JoRo wrote:Some ideas to reduce the size of the test project:

1. A single image would suffice for a test.
2. A small low-res image can be used.
3. All extraneous material can be deleted from the project, and the trash emptied.
4. The single-image project can be zipped before uploading.
Such a project should be fine to upload to the forum.

Best.


Thanks--I've done all that (including emptying the trash and zipping the file) and it's still too big. I'll see if there's a way to send it directly.

User avatar
KB
Site Admin
Posts: 20488
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:23 pm
Platform: Mac
Location: Truro, Cornwall
Contact:

Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:33 pm Post

I can't reproduce this myself. If the project is too big to attach, if you have Dropbox you can always send us a link to download the project (zipped up).

All the best,
Keith
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

lk
lkgeorge
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:22 am
Platform: Mac

Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:05 pm Post

KB wrote:I can't reproduce this myself. If the project is too big to attach, if you have Dropbox you can always send us a link to download the project (zipped up).

All the best,
Keith


Hi Keith, on 7/16 I sent it (zipped) to mac.support@literatureandlatte.com, but if necessary I will upload it somewhere and send a link. Thanks--

User avatar
KB
Site Admin
Posts: 20488
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:23 pm
Platform: Mac
Location: Truro, Cornwall
Contact:

Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:56 pm Post

Thanks - I've looked up the file and I see the problem. I *think* this is a bug in the Kindle, seeing as if you look at the HTML file, that looks fine. After playing around, I found a way of fixing it, though. In your Compile format, under "CSS", add the following line to the bottom of the custom CSS area:

Code: Select all

figure { text-align: center; }


That should get it looking as you want.

All the best,
Keith
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

lk
lkgeorge
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:22 am
Platform: Mac

Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:01 pm Post

KB wrote:Thanks - I've looked up the file and I see the problem. I *think* this is a bug in the Kindle, seeing as if you look at the HTML file, that looks fine. After playing around, I found a way of fixing it, though. In your Compile format, under "CSS", add the following line to the bottom of the custom CSS area:

Code: Select all

figure { text-align: center; }


That should get it looking as you want.

All the best,
Keith


Thanks Keith!