Images look faded and have false colors

kc
kcs304
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:49 pm
Platform: Mac

Wed May 23, 2018 11:26 pm Post

I look forward to this bug fix. I have spent many hours fixing this to find out that it is broken again. I appreciate the fix. What is the timeline for releasing this bug fix?

User avatar
KB
Site Admin
Posts: 19880
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:23 pm
Platform: Mac
Location: Truro, Cornwall
Contact:

Thu May 24, 2018 12:23 pm Post

3.0.3 is planned for release next week (unexpected obstacles notwithstanding).
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

Er
EricBeaty
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:09 pm
Platform: Mac

Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:37 pm Post

A rep from L&L responded to me today and had this to say:
The Scrivener 3.0.3 release, which is imminent, should have a fix for this issue.

So, I guess the best workaround, for now, is to resize the image in a separate program outside of Scrivener then reimport it.

gr
grissenko
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue May 22, 2018 1:10 pm
Platform: Mac

Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:08 pm Post

KB wrote:3.0.3 is planned for release next week (unexpected obstacles notwithstanding).


This update has been expected for several weeks now, may we have an update on when this will be released please?

dh
dhavalpanchal
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 7:19 pm
Platform: Mac

Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:31 pm Post

Any update please! - I have been following this thread hoping that a fix is released. thanks - D

User avatar
AmberV
Posts: 21566
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:30 am
Platform: Mac + Linux
Location: Santiago de Compostela, Galiza
Contact:

Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:54 pm Post

The update is out! (Use the Scrivener ▸ Check for Updates... menu command, or for MAS users, wait to get an update notice from the Mac App Store software). Hopefully this problem should be gone for good.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

gr
grissenko
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue May 22, 2018 1:10 pm
Platform: Mac

Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:27 pm Post

AmberV wrote:The update is out! (Use the Scrivener ▸ Check for Updates... menu command, or for MAS users, wait to get an update notice from the Mac App Store software). Hopefully this problem should be gone for good.


This is wonderful news, thank you!

cy
cynthea
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:30 pm
Platform: Mac

Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:13 pm Post

This happened to me awhile ago when I accepted an update or maybe when I paid for the newer version. I have been afraid to add other updates. Since this happened- all my images were faded in over 50 projects! I have lost track but was suspicious this may be happening to new images also, as you said randomly. I have learned to add links, so I am able to obtain images again, but this is a huge PIA. Also, just now I am taking screen shots from a PDF and there will not be a link. I like to keep many things in Scrivener and do not double up, ie I do not keep the PDF. Now, I am going to have to keep the pdf's (multiple) on an almost full hard drive! I do have a back up hard drive- which is misplaced at the moment ;) I can only find my older one. Darn that thing, where is it hiding.... Anyway, I have been frustrated for a very long time with this issue!

User avatar
KB
Site Admin
Posts: 19880
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:23 pm
Platform: Mac
Location: Truro, Cornwall
Contact:

Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:41 pm Post

cynthea wrote:This happened to me awhile ago when I accepted an update or maybe when I paid for the newer version. I have been afraid to add other updates. Since this happened- all my images were faded in over 50 projects! I have lost track but was suspicious this may be happening to new images also, as you said randomly. I have learned to add links, so I am able to obtain images again, but this is a huge PIA. Also, just now I am taking screen shots from a PDF and there will not be a link. I like to keep many things in Scrivener and do not double up, ie I do not keep the PDF. Now, I am going to have to keep the pdf's (multiple) on an almost full hard drive! I do have a back up hard drive- which is misplaced at the moment ;) I can only find my older one. Darn that thing, where is it hiding.... Anyway, I have been frustrated for a very long time with this issue!


Just to clarify, this was never a bug introduced in Scrivener, but a bug introduced by Apple into 10.13.4 - so you will have seen the issue when you updated macOS. I reported the bug to Apple and it was closed as a duplicate (i.e. other developers had also reported). Fortunately, I was able to find a workaround by using a different method of saving the images. Unfortunately we cannot predict bugs that Apple introduce.
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."