Touch screen scrolling in Scrivener 3?

dr
drcwright
Platform: Windows

Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:51 am Post

I'm trying the beta on my laptop and In the current version, dragging my finger up or down the page (inside The Editor) highlights the text rather than scrolling the screen. (In Scrivener 1, the screen scrolls.)

Am I not seeing a setting for this, or is this how it's intended to function? (I hope it's not the latter.)

cheers

du
duppsw
Platform: Windows

Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:14 pm Post

I would like to bring this same question/concern from late 2017 back on the radar.. Surface PCs and other touch-screen enabled Windows machines are one of the main reasons to be a Windows 10 user, but touch scrolling is still not present in beta. Loss of this feature in 3.0 would be very unfortunate and makes upgrading a concern for me. I don't see any options to touch-enable document scrolling (not using the scroll bar, which is a difficult target for a finger, but using the page itself). Is this an oversight, and is retaining/restoring touch scrolling planned for this release?

I just started using the beta and noticed an issue that is probably unrelated but important. On Microsoft Surface Go, using the mouse to select text on a PDF selects text several lines ABOVE the cursor position rather than the text AT the cursor position.