NiaD 7: Lessons Learned

gr
Platform: Mac + iOS

Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:59 am Post

Is that a drumroll I hear rising in the distance?
gr : Scrivener user : not affiliated with Lit^Lat
"Nothing, like something, happens anywhere." —Philip Larkin

scrapsandsass
Platform: Windows

Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:34 am Post

If I don’t insist on a new genre each time, I can’t call it quits when we’ve done them all.

I can come up with all sorts of genres. :wink:
Kimberlee
Scraps & Sass

pigfender
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:17 am Post

Haha.

Those that follow me on Instagram will know I’ve been on holiday for a few weeks. I’ve also just started a new job. Those two between them have put a bit of (hopefully minor) disruption to our normal timetable. I’ll talk to the necessary stakeholders and see if we can’t get a date lined up.

Scraps, genre ideas are always welcome*! I’ve done no thinking at all on this yet so everything is to play for.

* - GR is excluded due to conflict of interest from the wager he has with Mrs GR.
"Some dice only have sixes." nom, 19 Oct 2013
"Piggy, I'm beginning to wonder if you are the best person to take advice from." Jaysen, 26 Sept 2014

http://www.pigfender.com | http://www.novelinaday.com

vic-k
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:37 pm Post

Genre:
BONDAGE&SADO-MASOCHISM, or, if y'wanna posh it up a bit ... ANATOMY-PSYCHOLOGY-PHILOSOPHY.
Even more exciting, would be Niad's first, 'Graphic Novel' :twisted: Image

Hope this helps,
Vic
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

nom

Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:40 pm Post

pigfender wrote:Haha.

Those that follow me on Instagram will know I’ve been on holiday for a few weeks. I’ve also just started a new job. Those two between them have put a bit of (hopefully minor) disruption to our normal timetable. I’ll talk to the necessary stakeholders and see if we can’t get a date lined up.

Scraps, genre ideas are always welcome*! I’ve done no thinking at all on this yet so everything is to play for.

* - GR is excluded due to conflict of interest from the wager he has with Mrs GR.

How about: A group of writers, most of whom have never met, decide to write a novel in 24 hours without knowing the plot or what each other is writing. Everything they write comes true...
Complete and utter NOMsense.

vic-k

Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:59 am Post

nom wrote:How about: A group of writers, most of whom have never met, decide to write a novel in 24 hours without knowing the plot or what each other is writing. Everything they write comes true...

Too late, buddy ... it's already been done ... 's called BREXIT :cry:
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

Hu
Hugh
Platform: Mac

Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:35 am Post

vic-k wrote:
nom wrote:How about: A group of writers, most of whom have never met, decide to write a novel in 24 hours without knowing the plot or what each other is writing. Everything they write comes true...

Too late, buddy ... it's already been done ... 's called BREXIT :cry:

:mrgreen: :roll:
'Listen, some quiet night, when you've shirked your work that day. Do you hear
that distant, almost inaudible clicking sound? That's one of your
competitors, working away in the night in
Paris or London or Erie, PA.'

gr

Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:10 am Post

How about: Criminal mastermind uses a stable of unsuspecting writers to execute the perfect crime. Set to work for 24 hours on what they presume are isolated parts of a fictonal plot, they unwittingly plan the heist of the century. As the "chapters" come in, hour by hour, the caper unfolds in real time in London.
gr : Scrivener user : not affiliated with Lit^Lat
"Nothing, like something, happens anywhere." —Philip Larkin

vic-k

Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:15 am Post

Wouldn't even have y' write it. All you'd need do, is copy and paste from any of the online newspaper's coverage of the BREXIT farago