NiaD 7: Lessons Learned

Jaysen
Platform: Mac + Windows

Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:55 am Post

gr wrote:
pigfender wrote:Are you taking bets this year?

Okay, wife and I have run our genre analyses and our bets are laid in. I am so going to win this time!
Vic-k has dibs on shape-shifting aliens being hunted and eaten by cats then a final confrontation with "mom and dad" shape-shifter. You know he's a lock for this year....
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 24 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

vic-k
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:04 pm Post

Jaysen wrote:
gr wrote:
pigfender wrote:Are you taking bets this year?

Okay, wife and I have run our genre analyses and our bets are laid in. I am so going to win this time!
Vic-k has dibs on shape-shifting aliens being hunted and eaten by cats then a final confrontation with "mom and dad" shape-shifter. You know he's a lock for this year....

Hey!!! That wasn't me, y' muffin-brain. That was Lunk, the Scandi knucklehead. He seem to be veering t'wards a Startreck-Star wars-Alien-Bladerunner amalgamation. He already inhabits his own Universe.

Probably goes late-night Wormhole cruising ... the guy's weird!
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

Jaysen

Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:08 pm Post

vic-k wrote:
Jaysen wrote:
gr wrote:

Hey!!! That wasn't me, y' muffin-brain. That was Lunk, the Scandi knucklehead. He seem to be veering t'wards a Startreck-Star wars-Alien-Bladerunner amalgamation. He already inhabits his own Universe.

Probably goes late-night Wormhole cruising ... the guy's weird!

Lunk only started the "cat roams a building" part. I added the shape shifters. You had the parental confrontation. You own it now.
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 24 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

vic-k

Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:21 pm Post

Jaysen wrote:Lunk only started the "cat roams a building" part. I added the shape shifters. You had the parental confrontation. You own it now.

One of yoos two, had the cat, eating child/alien inhabitants of all the rooms, en route to the last room, wherein resides Mom&Dad Alien. I only pointed out the inescapable fact, that it had terrible potential for 'Mom&Dad slaughter kids in cat ... or, kids in cat slaughter Mom&Dad, scenario, but purely from the emotional and psychological perspective ... unlike yoos two sickos, all out for blood and gore :shock:
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

Jaysen

Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:34 pm Post

vic-k wrote:
Jaysen wrote:Lunk only started the "cat roams a building" part. I added the shape shifters. You had the parental confrontation. You own it now.

One of yoos two, had the cat, eating child/alien inhabitants of all the rooms, en route to the last room, wherein resides Mom&Dad Alien. I only pointed out the inescapable fact, that it had terrible potential for 'Mom&Dad slaughter kids in cat ... or, kids in cat slaughter Mom&Dad, scenario, but purely from the emotional and psychological perspective ... unlike yoos two sickos, all out for blood and gore :shock:

That would be me. But you took it to a dark place... a very dark place.
Jaysen

vic-k

Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:08 pm Post

Jaysen wrote:That would be me. But you took it to a dark place... a very dark place.

Not if the cat is now an alien-kid-cat , and Alien Mom is a cat lover. Could turn into a Intergalactic Easey Rider Road Trip Story
Dad-Mom-Catkid; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egMWlD3 ... gs=pl%2Cwn

Jaysen

Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:14 pm Post

vic-k wrote:
Jaysen wrote:That would be me. But you took it to a dark place... a very dark place.

Not if the cat is now an alien-kid-cat , and Alien Mom is a cat lover. Could turn into a Intergalactic Easey Rider Road Trip Story
Dad-Mom-Catkid; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egMWlD3 ... gs=pl%2Cwn
With this level of creativity I still hold that the last chapter is all yours.
Jaysen

vic-k

Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:55 pm Post

Jaysen wrote: I still hold that the last chapter is all yours.
Careful y' don't drop it, cos it'll be a long time a-coming. :wink:

Jaysen

Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:14 pm Post

vic-k wrote:
Jaysen wrote: I still hold that the last chapter is all yours.
Careful y' don't drop it, cos it'll be a long time a-coming. :wink:

I believe the gracious Ange would help us pin you down until you delivered!

How is the real boss doing these days? Been a while since we socialized publicly.
Jaysen

vic-k

Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:30 pm Post

The real boss is, very, very, very, very busy, helping very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very busy, youngest daughter and son-in-law, move into their new house. It's been a hectic couple of months for them, but thankfully, they are at the stage where they can all sit back and enjoy the fruits of their endeavours. All the indications point to them being extremely happy there.
Fingers crossed :wink:

Jaysen

Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:09 pm Post

Congratulations on
1. raising child to resounding success
2. managing to NOT alienate the "not-your-child-in-law"
3. getting the real boss to abandon you for a bit.

someday I hope to demonstrate the same level of success.
Jaysen

pigfender
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:40 pm Post

Changing the subject slightly...
How do people feel about having expositional elements in their chapter briefs? I’ve tended to write off story ideas that have required any material level of exposition, but maybe I’m too sensitive?
"Some dice only have sixes." nom, 19 Oct 2013
"Piggy, I'm beginning to wonder if you are the best person to take advice from." Jaysen, 26 Sept 2014

http://www.pigfender.com | http://www.novelinaday.com

Jaysen

Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:55 pm Post

Eh... If you have too, but part of the fun is reading the non-sense we've created with minimal input.

But I'm not the norm. Ever.
Jaysen

pigfender
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:02 pm Post

But how will you know that the :x 8) :shock: :? :lol: :lol: :P :x is needed to :evil: :oops: :o :P :o :oops: :o :( :x :( :x :o the :? :cry: :( :) :( :o :o :cry:?
Hmmm. Ok. Back to the drawing board.
"Some dice only have sixes." nom, 19 Oct 2013
"Piggy, I'm beginning to wonder if you are the best person to take advice from." Jaysen, 26 Sept 2014

http://www.pigfender.com | http://www.novelinaday.com

Jaysen

Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:09 pm Post

pigfender wrote:But how will you know that the :x 8) :shock: :? :lol: :lol: :P :x is needed to :evil: :oops: :o :P :o :oops: :o :( :x :( :x :o the :? :cry: :( :) :( :o :o :cry:?
Hmmm. Ok. Back to the drawing board.
The same way I do now and the way we have done it in the past... we MAKE IT UP.

This is why Vic-k would be a NiaD God.
Jaysen