NiaD 7: The Magnificent NiaD

hj
hjordisa
Platform: Linux

Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:55 pm Post

I wrote a thing. I once again failed to reach 1500, and the content will probably cause you all sorts of problems. Sowwy.

sa
sanu
Platform: Windows

Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:59 pm Post

Done and submitted! Rog, you had issues receiving my emails yesterday, so let me know if you've actually gotten it? Fingers crossed man.

Maerahn

Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:00 pm Post

Done - and only four minutes from deadline! Which of course means I already hate it, for it not being as polished as I'd have liked it to be... *sigh*

Well done to everyone else who's submitted! I'm dying to see what the whole story is now...
For years I waited for a Writing Angel to sprinkle her magic Confidence Dust on me. But she never came. That's when I realised I was going to have to find my own dust.

Daurmith
Platform: Mac

Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:09 pm Post

Maerahn wrote:I'm dying to see what the whole story is now...

Me too! I think I have an idea but I'm really intrigued.

Pa
PatrickEdmonds
Platform: iOS

Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:21 pm Post

Oh hell. I did not complete my chapter. I am sitting here thinking I have 6 more hours to finish and just now realized whereever you guys are you are, well, 6 hours behind me.

Sorry. I couldnt just bang out a scene. I required a bit of research on my setting first.

au
auxbuss

Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:23 pm Post

You still have 3.5 hrs to the hard deadline.

Ro
RonjoI

Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:27 pm Post

Done, submitted and hopefully received. I think I do this event just so I have an excuse to read the forum. I laugh my Yankee ass off reading your comments. I cannot wait to read what we have created. I forced my son into taking my place at work and took the day off. :D Now to clean up the ale bottles, wipe up the Jalapeno Cheetos crumbs, and wait for the results.

Deruji
Platform: Mac + Linux

Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:06 pm Post

Reading these posts I have come to the only logical conclusion that the novel is really about martian space bunnies being promiscuous in a seedy space bar, with the intent to colonise the moon.
Dañiel L.G.
Available for freelance translations from Japanese <-> English <-> German,
I also accept donations for fan-translations: Donate.
For other writings please visit my facebook, smashwords or amazon pages.

Daurmith

Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:04 pm Post

I have the exact same impression, only I thought they were colonising Mars.

Camy
Platform: Mac + Linux

Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:08 pm Post

submitted.

MacPro 7.5 - Scrivener & Scapple
Acer - Ubuntu Studio - Scrivener & Scapple

nom
Platform: Mac + iOS

Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:57 pm Post

Deruji wrote:Reading these posts I have come to the only logical conclusion that the novel is really about martian space bunnies being promiscuous in a seedy space bar, with the intent to colonise the moon.

Daurmith wrote:I have the exact same impression, only I thought they were colonising Mars.

Close. They were commuting to Mars on Space Trains (and now we know about their torture following the train wreck due to hjordisa’s spoiler).
:mrgreen:
Complete and utter NOMsense.

Jaysen
Platform: Mac + Windows

Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:59 pm Post

nom wrote:
Deruji wrote:Reading these posts I have come to the only logical conclusion that the novel is really about martian space bunnies being promiscuous in a seedy space bar, with the intent to colonise the moon.

Daurmith wrote:I have the exact same impression, only I thought they were colonising Mars.

Close. They were commuting to Mars on Space Trains (and now we know about their torture following the train wreck due to hjordisa’s spoiler).
:mrgreen:

Wait... are you sure the torture was post wreck? I thought the wreck was the later event...
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 24 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

xiamenese

Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:06 pm Post

Well if this is about space bunnies doing what bunnies do best in order to colonise the moon or Mars and getting tortured because they caused the wreck of a space train … I really have no idea how my chapter can possibly fit in … unless I missed the point that it’s all the drug filled fantasy of a non-literally agent … :shock:

Mark
The Scrivenerato sometimes known as Mr X.
MacBook Pro Retina 10.13, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSID
MacBook Pro 17" (late 2011) 10.13, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSID
iPad Air 2, iOS 11, 64GB
Scrivener, Scapple, Nisus Writer Pro, Bookends …

Jaysen
Platform: Mac + Windows

Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:10 pm Post

Just don't take Pete figuratively and you'll be ok.
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 24 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

hj
hjordisa
Platform: Linux

Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:27 pm Post

xiamenese wrote:Well if this is about space bunnies doing what bunnies do best in order to colonise the moon or Mars and getting tortured because they caused the wreck of a space train … I really have no idea how my chapter can possibly fit in … unless I missed the point that it’s all the drug filled fantasy of a non-literally agent … :shock:

Mark

No, the non-literally literary agent was transported into the manuscript where this all takes place.