NiaD Episode VI: Return of the NiaD

ConradG
Platform: Mac + iOS

Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:48 am Post

pigfender wrote:Just hand draw it on your screen with a Sharpie

devinganger wrote:you don't want it lopsided

The main problem isn't lopsidedness, but what happens with scrolling the window.

I think, instead, Jaysen should make the asterisk on a piece of fairly stiff transparent film. Cut the film so that the asterisk is at one end of a long narrow piece, and rest the other end on your laptop's trackpad.

Then, when you scroll the window make sure that your scrolling finger makes contact with the film and the trackpad. This should ensure that the asterisk and the cup in the window scroll together.

Jaysen
Platform: Mac + Windows

Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:19 am Post

pigfender wrote:
Jaysen wrote:Give Tom Hanks something to do!

I do not get this reference. Does it have to do with mermaids? Or getting attacked on a ship? Or is it something about being stuck in an airport?

Who did that movie about baseball records? Can't find it on IMDB... and I don't care that much about baseball so I can't remember the number. I think it was 78* which is what is actually in the record block to suggest the record is skewed due to some alteration of facts (drugs or number of games played or some such).

I sure thought that was Hanks ... I'm too young to be this forgetful.
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 24 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

gr

Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:24 pm Post

Jaysen wrote:I think it was 78* which is what is actually in the record block to suggest the record is skewed due to some alteration of facts (drugs or number of games played or some such).

First things first. I think we must insist that Jaysen put an asterisk on his forum avatar to indicate some alteration of the user's headpiece, and, of course, that the user in question may be skewed due to drugs, hard dock impact or some such. The forum transforms most of vic-k's posts into simple strings of asterisks, so that one is already covered.

gr
gr : Scrivener user : not affiliated with Lit^Lat

"Perhaps the true book is the one on the far side of the prism."

Jaysen

Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:44 pm Post

gr wrote:
Jaysen wrote:I think it was 78* which is what is actually in the record block to suggest the record is skewed due to some alteration of facts (drugs or number of games played or some such).

First things first. I think we must insist that Jaysen put an asterisk on his forum avatar to indicate some alteration of the user's headpiece, and, of course, that the user in question may be skewed due to drugs, hard dock impact or some such. The forum transforms most of vic-k's posts into simple strings of asterisks, so that one is already covered.

gr

Good enough?
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 24 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

gr

Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:42 pm Post

1651.jpg
1651.jpg (2.31 KiB) Viewed 461 times

Dear Jaysen,

Oh my, what a pain in the asterisk t'would be for your avatar to go all dingbat on us now. Why, I wouldn't know who I was talking to from one moment to the next.

--gr

Dear Jaysen*,

Who are you and what have you done with Cap'n Jaysen?!

--gr

Jaysen

Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:02 pm Post

I was looking at my headlessness and said "that's an olllld photo, I don't look like that no more!". Let's say the current headlessness is more of a place holder.
Jaysen

gr

Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:50 pm Post

Jaysen wrote:I was looking at my headlessness and said "that's an olllld photo, I don't look like that no more!". Let's say the current headlessness is more of a place holder.

Wo've I done?!! :shock:

vic-k
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:25 am Post

gr wrote:. The forum transforms most of vic-k's posts into simple strings of asterisks, so that one is already covered.gr

Image pffffrrrrttttt!!!!!
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.