pe
pete340

Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:59 pm Post

Okay, mine is in, Just an hour late.
-- Pete Image

homeport
Platform: Mac

Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:13 pm Post

So mine went in this afternoon I did it sitting outside our tent in Luxembourg never used scrivener on iPad before so I apologise now but family called our son is doing ironman tomorrow but I just did not want to not do it and managed to use phone paired to iPad to send :D
Good luck all and thank you rog for all your hard work so far and to come still
"The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

devinganger
Platform: Mac + Windows

Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:19 pm Post

Still working on mine. I know I'm past the deadline.
--
Devin L. Ganger
Devin on Earth: http://www.devinonearth.com/
Plotter on the streets, pantser in the sheets

Camy
Platform: Mac + Linux

Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:25 pm Post

I just sent it in.
Apologies for the appallingly beastly tardiness.

MacPro 7.5 - Scrivener & Scapple
Acer - Ubuntu Studio - Scrivener & Scapple

IndyRobitaille
Platform: Windows

Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:47 pm Post

Mine went in late too. I had the countdown clock up and it kept adding time. I'm not sure what is going on, but it's still counting down to something. :?

hj
hjordisa
Platform: Linux

Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:21 pm Post

azuarc wrote:Crap, I forgot to check for words that Britons spell differently. Well, colour me stupid. How dishonourable of me. Not a smart practise.

I set my language to UK English, but when I tested it all that it did was stop highlighting UK spellings; didn't catch US spellings. :( I don't think I used any of the obvious ones anyway, which is a shame, but I did remember that they apparently use 'amongst' and 'towards' much more often in the UK and gleefully went with my instinct to use them over 'among' and 'toward'. And after I'd carefully trained myself out of it!
I did forget they have different quotation rules, but I didn't have that many quotations sooo. :P

pigfender
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:22 pm Post

Almost there now - just a handful of chapters still to come in before I can start the magic of compile and upload.

How has everyone found it this year? Has it been fun?
"Some dice only have sixes." nom, 19 Oct 2013
"Piggy, I'm beginning to wonder if you are the best person to take advice from." Jaysen, 26 Sept 2014

http://www.pigfender.com | http://www.novelinaday.com

Ki
Kimkneen

Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:35 pm Post

It's been brill. I'm a first timer and I loved it. Cannae wait to read it.

Huge thanks to Rog for the Herculean effort in getting th s off the ground.

Opening the brief was like unwrapping my first Tiny Tears Doll - Christmas Day 1979 give or take a year or two.

ConradG
Platform: Mac + iOS

Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:43 pm Post

pigfender wrote:How has everyone found it this year? Has it been fun?

It's been more than fun. I've grown and learned ... I've identified things that I want to work on in my writing. I've also learned a great deal of strange facts about the afterlife that I now have to remember aren't true. That a skilled Marley boasts a 60% conversion rate, but only about 5% last long-term — are statistics I'll be quoting for a long time.

ka
katlovergilpin

Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:46 pm Post

I had a great time. Thank you so may for handling the hard part. Although after reading some of the responses and the amount of work others did, I almost feel like I cheated. I had a heck of a time drafting my chapter, spent the entire night writing and rewriting, throwing my hands up in the air and saying "forget it. I don't want to be a writer. This blows."

So see you in October. :D

Jaysen
Platform: Mac + Windows

Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:17 pm Post

40minutes!! You still on time?
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 24 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

pigfender
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:19 pm Post

Only if the remaining four chapters submit relatively soon!!!
"Some dice only have sixes." nom, 19 Oct 2013
"Piggy, I'm beginning to wonder if you are the best person to take advice from." Jaysen, 26 Sept 2014

http://www.pigfender.com | http://www.novelinaday.com

Maerahn

Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:21 pm Post

Well, I've finally sent mine in. If I said I was happy with it that would be a big fat lie, but i'm never happy with anything I write until I've tinkered with it multiple times, and I didn't get the chance with this one. I gave it my best shot and stuck to the brief, so at least there's that.

Well done to everyone who took part - looking forward to reading everyone else's work!
For years I waited for a Writing Angel to sprinkle her magic Confidence Dust on me. But she never came. That's when I realised I was going to have to find my own dust.

Ro
Rollerdiva

Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:30 pm Post

Done! I'm horribly late, but then I am every year, so at least I'm consistent.

gr
Platform: Mac + iOS

Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:33 pm Post

By my count, the Pigster has another hour and a half. Doesn't he get the same hour extra that the writers got at the get-go?

gr

P.S. Well, if we are all comparing word count sizes, mine came in at 3,333. Strange phenomena gobble up words like the word 'cannibal' does.
gr : Scrivener user : not affiliated with Lit^Lat

"Perhaps the true book is the one on the far side of the prism."