Section7 (NiaD 2014)

pigfender
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:38 am Post

Section7_med.jpg
Section7_med.jpg (104.36 KiB) Viewed 2499 times

She'll get her story, unless it gets her first...! November 2014, London. When journalist Lerner Jones is recruited by agents from the mysterious MI7, she uncovers a deadly terrorist plot she must risk everything to stop.

You can download ePub, mobi and PDF versions of the book here.

All of the versions were compiled using the Mac version of Scrivener. You can download the Scrivener project (which includes all the chapter briefs sent out to participants) from the link here: Section7- Scrivener Project

Along with the compile settings use to produce the books here.
Note that 'as is', these settings have meta-data for the 'red' version of the book. These can be changed to 'blue' or colours/details of your choosing in the meta-data section of the compile pane.

Two versions of the book were produced, "Blue" and "Red"

BLUE WRITTEN BY:
Lee Powell, Claire Woodier, Astrid Stevens
Victoria Griesdoorn, Vania Guzman, Michael Bywater
Rodrigo Seisdedos, S.R. Martin, J.C. Rock,
Tammy Coron, Curtis Beaird, Montrée Whiles
Tim Edwards-Hart, Laurence Ramsey, Julia Pierce
Megan Nanfito, Eric Christiansen, Rainey Cloud
A.L. Maher, J.D. Eckstrom, Sue Cowling
Kimberlee Gerstma, M. Peyton Culbertson, Nils Cordes

RED WRITTEN BY:
Alisia Faust, Barry Lees, Aiden Dunfield
Mike Devitt, Waleed Ovase, Adela Torres
Ioa Petra’ka, Lia La Chapelle, Elle Dechene
Jaysen O’Dell, Matt Tobin, Keith Blount
Graham B. Stewart, Anton Rasmussen, Chanel Blake
Megan Nanfito, Greg Ray, Linda Weeks,
R. Dale Guthrie, Emma Lindhagen, Noé Ramalleira Fernández
Pete Becker, Keith B Walters, Theonlygolux
"Some dice only have sixes." nom, 19 Oct 2013
"Piggy, I'm beginning to wonder if you are the best person to take advice from." Jaysen, 26 Sept 2014

http://www.pigfender.com | http://www.novelinaday.com

Montree_Whiles
Platform: Windows

Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:53 am Post

Love the cover art. In fact, the covers are always great.
“Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwards.”
—Robert A. Heinlein

Em
EmmaLindhagen
Platform: Mac + Windows

Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:11 am Post

Yay, how exciting! Gonna start reading it tonight. Great cover!
Please take a second to visit my website, http://www.emmalindhagen.com

Lem

Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:50 am Post

lol, you spelled my name wrong. Nice cover.

Re
RedOrion1
Platform: Mac

Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:02 pm Post

Excellent cover design. This process really shows off Scrivener. I'm looking forward to reading " Section7."

pigfender

Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:31 pm Post

LEM, so sorry about that. I have now uploaded a fresh version with your name correctly spelt.
In fact all the files have now been updated to give the two versions of the book different meta-data (so as not to confuse your ebook if you upload both) and with a small colour flash in the bottom right-hand corner (so as not to confuse you).

The Scrivener project file now contains the plain as well as the blue and red tagged versions of the covers should you wish to comply your own.

I've also uploaded the Mac compile settings used to produced the book (link in the first post).
Note, that 'straight out of the box' these compile settings will have meta-data for the RED version, but you can change those to Blue (or any colour of your choosing) in the meta-data compile pane.
"Piggy, I'm beginning to wonder if you are the best person to take advice from." Jaysen, 26 Sept 2014

Br
Briar Kit

Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:38 pm Post

Congrats to all.

Thanks for sharing the Scrivener project: offers such an insight as to how NiaD works. The simplicity you achieve belies the amount of effort that creating such a story and a multi-authored writing project must involve. Ingenious and inspiring.

Have skim read both versions. Like the purple one. The continuity in terms of both style and story is remarkable.

Well done, MI7fender et al :D
Account closed January 2017

Lem

Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:17 pm Post

Thanks, Rog. :)

homeport

Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:38 pm Post

Thank you Rog, what an amazing person you are, and all your hard work is much appreciated
"The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

r6
r6d2

Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:51 pm Post

Has anybody finished the book yet? I'm reading both of them side by side, currently in chapter 8.

I think consistency and continuity has improved significantly since last year. pigfender is getting better at this every time!
r6d2

Beware of realism when writing. Avoid the usual zoo inhabitants. Summon the unicorns and the tritons, and give them reality!
--Julio Cortázar

r6
r6d2

Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:08 pm Post

r6d2 wrote:Has anybody finished the book yet?

No comments so far. :shock: I guess everyone is full time at NaNoWriMo these days... 8)
r6d2

Beware of realism when writing. Avoid the usual zoo inhabitants. Summon the unicorns and the tritons, and give them reality!
--Julio Cortázar

nom
Platform: Mac + iOS

Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:18 am Post

r6d2 wrote:
r6d2 wrote:Has anybody finished the book yet?

No comments so far. :shock: I guess everyone is full time at NaNoWriMo these days... 8)

I'm still reading book blue, yet to start red. Averaging a chapter a day, I'm only half way and yet to reach my own chapter... :oops:

I'm savouring it! 8)
Complete and utter NOMsense.

Be
BethCutter

Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:37 pm Post

Instead of indulging in Black Friday I've put the extra time off to much better use: finishing Section 7!

And I have nothing but praise for everybody involved -- both versions of the novel hung together and were great fun to read. (Makes me triply sorry that life wouldn't let me play this year.)

Since I couldn't decide which to read first, I read them in tandem: Chapter 1 Red, then Chapter 1 Blue, then Pigfender's synopsis for Chapter 1, and around and around. This really highlighted the different strengths the writers brought to bear -- an amazing show of how much individual creativity could blossom in the face of what looks like such a strait-jacket.

Again, congratulations to all who contributed to the project, most especially to the Hero Behind the Scenes of it all! Fingers crossed it will happen again next year.

gr
Platform: Mac + iOS

Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:25 pm Post

Just noticed this book never got a logline or teaser! Seems a shame. Any chance of such at this point?

pigfender

Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:40 pm Post

Sure!
Logline and teaser competition! Winner gets to see their log line and teaser used in the above post (and a couple of other places on the internet too).