TShirts [SPLIT TOPIC]

User avatar
nom
Posts: 1838
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:02 am
Platform: Mac + iOS
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:21 am Post

vic-k wrote:Overheard in local Co-Op store, a mere cock-stride away, metaphorically speaking, from the Red Lion protest picket line: The elderly ladies of the KiWCS Knitters' Collective, are considering bringing out a KiWCS TShirt.
Probably only a rumour … eh? Wot d' y' reckon? :?


According Mum&Maude, the KiWCS-KC are planning very(!) long t-shirts.

Montree_Whiles wrote:And then there were t-shirts. Or, so I'm told?


Mmmm, t-shirts...
<nom looks longingly at the t-shirt designs (again)>
<nom twiddles his thumbs>
<nom thinks about sucking up to pigfender>
<nom has pride>
<nom wonders if repeated posts about the t-shirts might be counter-productive>
<after a moment of existential angst, nom twiddles his thumbs (again)>
<nom leaves the
Complete and utter NOMsense.
Image

User avatar
vic-k
Posts: 6633
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:23 am
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:03 pm Post

nom wrote:
vic-k wrote:Overheard in local Co-Op store, a mere cock-stride away, metaphorically speaking, from the Red Lion protest picket line: The elderly ladies of the KiWCS Knitters' Collective, are considering bringing out a KiWCS TShirt.
Probably only a rumour … eh? Wot d' y' reckon? :?


According Mum&Maude, the KiWCS-KC are planning very(!) long t-shirts. Probably somefink t'do with asfectics … init?
Montree_Whiles wrote:And then there were t-shirts. Or, so I'm told?
the truth is out there somewhere


Mmmm, t-shirts...
<nom looks longingly at the t-shirt designs (again)>
<nom twiddles his thumbs>
<nom thinks about sucking up to pigfender>
<nom has pride> why ^don't y' get Mum&Maude, to threaten to beat him up

<nom wonders if repeated posts about the t-shirts might be counter-productive>
<after a moment of existential angst, <--- that can make you blind!!nom twiddles his thumbs (again)>
<nom leaves the
Last edited by vic-k on Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

User avatar
Jaysen
Posts: 5746
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:00 am
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: East-Be-Jesus-Nowhere SC, USA

Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:12 pm Post

Mr Piggy,

Have you prepared "Niad '15 phantom shirt design" yet?
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 24 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

Image

User avatar
vic-k
Posts: 6633
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:23 am
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:22 am Post

Jaysen wrote:Have you prepared "Niad '15 phantom shirt design" yet?
So the next NIAD, is to be titled, 'Fifteen Phantoms'. Hey! That's cool :wink:
How did you find out :shock:
Image
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

User avatar
pigfender
Posts: 2510
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:25 am
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS
Location: Cognitive dissonance
Contact:

Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:35 am Post

Okay, so I've figured out how the Novel-in-a-Day bit will be incorporated. Next steps:
- redraw the lettering (incl. deciding whether to hand-draw or use a font)
- get a sample printed for quality purposes
- make available for sale

Given that I'm not really a tshirt salesman, and have no available space in my apartment for storing stock, plus am only really expecting to sell 5 shirts, I've changed my preferred supplier to a POD company. It's not cafepress, has a good reputation, and has reasonable pricing for both the shirts and the postage (just a couple of quid postage whether you're in the UK, USA or Australia... etc).

I've also been playing around with a second design, but you guys wouldn't be interested in that...

vic-k wrote:
Jaysen wrote:Have you prepared "Niad '15 phantom shirt design" yet?
So the next NIAD, is to be titled, 'Fifteen Phantoms'. Hey! That's cool :wink:
How did you find out :shock:
Image


NiaD 5 hasn't been confirmed yet, although I can say that if it does go ahead, it won't be with the title of 15 Phantoms. I can say this with great confidence as I already know what the title is. And the story. But only if it goes ahead, you understand. Only if it goes ahead.
"Some dice only have sixes." nom, 19 Oct 2013
"Piggy, I'm beginning to wonder if you are the best person to take advice from." Jaysen, 26 Sept 2014

Image
http://www.pigfender.com | http://www.novelinaday.com

User avatar
vic-k
Posts: 6633
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:23 am
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:27 am Post

pigfender wrote:it won't be with the title of 15 Phantoms.
:shock: awwww!! wossrong wi' fifteen fantums!?
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

User avatar
gr
Posts: 1595
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:57 am
Platform: Mac + iOS
Location: Florida

Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:34 pm Post

The merry vicster surely meant his post for the Novel-in-a-Night forum.

NIAN2.jpg
NIAN2.jpg (29.61 KiB) Viewed 371 times


Of course, the actual phantom count is not settled until it is known how many night writers have signed on.

EDIT: Added keyboard to tee shirt design. Because nothing says haunted like a keyboard.
Last edited by gr on Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:37 am, edited 4 times in total.

pe
pete340
Posts: 109
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:45 pm

Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:51 pm Post

pigfender wrote:Okay, so I've figured out how the Novel-in-a-Day bit will be incorporated. Next steps:
- redraw the lettering (incl. deciding whether to hand-draw or use a font)
- get a sample printed for quality purposes
- make available for sale


Wait, what? I thought this was going to be a gift for participants. What's this about paying for it?
-- Pete Image

User avatar
pigfender
Posts: 2510
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:25 am
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS
Location: Cognitive dissonance
Contact:

Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:30 pm Post

vic-k wrote:
pigfender wrote:it won't be with the title of 15 Phantoms.
:shock: awwww!! wossrong wi' fifteen fantums!?

Primarily that it doesn't match the story. Other than that, a great title. You should write the book that goes with it. I'd buy it. Hell, I'd probably buy two.

pete340 wrote:Wait, what? I thought this was going to be a gift for participants. What's this about paying for it?

Absolutely. Completely free, except for a couple of quid postage, and a £17 handling charge.
Or something like that.
"Some dice only have sixes." nom, 19 Oct 2013
"Piggy, I'm beginning to wonder if you are the best person to take advice from." Jaysen, 26 Sept 2014

Image
http://www.pigfender.com | http://www.novelinaday.com

User avatar
vic-k
Posts: 6633
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:23 am
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:30 pm Post

Piggy said:
and a £17 handling charge.
Sounds like something the actress might've said to the bishop

gr wrote:The merry vicster surely meant his post for the Novel-in-a-Night forum.

Or kinkier still … hows-about a Night-in-a-Novel Everybody will be choosing Fifty Shades of Grey :twisted: Great TShirt though … init!!?

pete340 wrote:Wait, what? I thought this was going to be a gift for participants. What's this about paying for it?

'There ain't no such thing as a free lunch, young Peter, you should know that!
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

User avatar
nom
Posts: 1838
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:02 am
Platform: Mac + iOS
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:19 am Post

After all these years. So many threads with leisurely rambles in pursuit of tasty morsels laid down carefully (OK, usually carelessly, but work with me here) in a previous post. So many! And yet no-one, not one inhabitant of the forum bilges, took pigfender's bait. What is wrong with you people? :shock:

Trying to be clever clogs? An attempt to apply reverse psychology and prove him wrong by showing he's right? Trust me: it doesn't work like that. It just hurts the t-shirt and that's not right.


pigfender wrote:I've also been playing around with a second design, but you guys wouldn't be interested in that...


<nom takes a deep breath and grabs the bait>
So, uh, what's this – what did you call it – "second design" you mention...?
Complete and utter NOMsense.
Image

pe
pete340
Posts: 109
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:45 pm

Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:31 pm Post

pete340 wrote:Wait, what? I thought this was going to be a gift for participants. What's this about paying for it?

Absolutely. Completely free, except for a couple of quid postage, and a £17 handling charge.
Or something like that.[/quote]

Well, then, that's okay!
-- Pete Image

User avatar
vic-k
Posts: 6633
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:23 am
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:29 pm Post

nom wrote:After all these years. So many threads with leisurely rambles in pursuit of tasty morsels laid down carefully (OK, usually carelessly, but work with me here) in a previous post. So many! And yet no-one, not one inhabitant of the forum bilges, took pigfender's bait. What is wrong with you people? :shock:

Trying to be clever clogs? An attempt to apply reverse psychology and prove him wrong by showing he's right? Trust me: it doesn't work like that. It just hurts the t-shirt and that's not right.


pigfender wrote:I've also been playing around with a second design, but you guys wouldn't be interested in that...


<nom takes a deep breath and grabs the bait>
So, uh, what's this – what did you call it – "second design" you mention...?

OK OK loudmouth!! :shock:
Image
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

User avatar
pigfender
Posts: 2510
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:25 am
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS
Location: Cognitive dissonance
Contact:

Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:39 am Post

It's not a t-shirt, but it does have 't' in it!

[picture removed at nom's request]
"Some dice only have sixes." nom, 19 Oct 2013
"Piggy, I'm beginning to wonder if you are the best person to take advice from." Jaysen, 26 Sept 2014

Image
http://www.pigfender.com | http://www.novelinaday.com

User avatar
nom
Posts: 1838
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:02 am
Platform: Mac + iOS
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:29 am Post

pigfender wrote:It's not a t-shirt, but it does have 't' in it...

InfMonk Mug.jpg


Quit teasing us!

There's apparently now two t-shirt designs, although one is a secret, and mug (¾ filled with strong milky tea by the look). Someone's a tease.
Complete and utter NOMsense.
Image