Where Jaysen tests the patience of Mr Piggy

vic-k
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:35 pm Post

Jaysen wrote:
pigfender wrote:You missed the deadline, by the way.

Did you stay up waiting for my submission?

It is amazing how, unless one tells everyone "bugger OFF!" life gets in the way. NiaD'15 "bugger off" sign officially posted.
Now then young nupt … temper tantrums do not a good impression make. Diatribesqueishy interaction achieves nought but profound regret and a humiliating sense of inferiority, on the part of the diatribeist.
So can we assume that the "bugger OFF!" has been removed and the "bugger ON!" resides in its place?
Good show, old bean … keep the Niad15 flag flying … eh? :wink: Image

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTkX-OvIqP4
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

Jaysen

Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:29 pm Post

Hmm... Well... the "off" would be to those that shouldn't be bothering me anyway. Which causes me to look questioningly in your direction while contemplating your advice with some skepticism (aka wondering why the heck I am watching the sun rise with out getting enough sleep). For the time being it is still off.
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 24 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

vic-k

Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:57 pm Post

Jaysen wrote:Hmm... Well... the "off" would be to those that shouldn't be bothering me anyway. Which causes me to look questioningly in your direction :shock: :? Image while contemplating your advice with some skepticism :shock: :? Image (aka wondering why the heck I am watching the sun rise with out getting enough sleep). For the time being it is still off.

Good bye numptImage
Vic
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

pigfender
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:15 am Post

Jaysen wrote:
pigfender wrote:You missed the deadline, by the way.

Did you stay up waiting for my submission?

It is amazing how, unless one tells everyone "bugger OFF!" life gets in the way. NiaD'15 "bugger off" sign officially posted.

I didn't stay up, but I did check my email with hope and anticipation on Thursday morning. :(
"Some dice only have sixes." nom, 19 Oct 2013
"Piggy, I'm beginning to wonder if you are the best person to take advice from." Jaysen, 26 Sept 2014

http://www.pigfender.com | http://www.novelinaday.com

Jaysen

Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:02 am Post

Mr Piggy, I'm anxious that you have not provided my early look yet. How can I properly dissemble and obfuscate without advance notice?
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 24 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

vic-k

Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:31 am Post

Jaysen wrote:How can I properly dissemble and obfuscate without advance notice?
:? errrr ... just start typing. Your post usually contain enough of both to keep everybody guessing and happy.
Hope this helps :wink:
Vic

Wolf_Baginski
Platform: Linux + Windows

Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:34 pm Post

I've been looking at all the stuff I have written over the years, and the scary bit in all this is going to be the possible general theme.

But them I remember some of the things I have done. It's not that hard to add Cthulhu-cultists to Lark Rise to Candleford.

Jaysen

Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:06 pm Post

Unless Piggy has a dolphin in his plot I may be in trouble.
Jaysen

pigfender
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:22 pm Post

There is a dolphin, but unfortunately the odds of it being in Jaysen's chapter are pretty slim.

Also, I might be lying about the dolphin.
"Some dice only have sixes." nom, 19 Oct 2013
"Piggy, I'm beginning to wonder if you are the best person to take advice from." Jaysen, 26 Sept 2014

http://www.pigfender.com | http://www.novelinaday.com

Jaysen

Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:44 pm Post

OK... I need to write about a dolphin... got it.

Any goats?
Jaysen

vic-k

Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:32 pm Post

Image Why groats? D' y' think it'll be about Capitalism? :?

Jaysen

Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:14 am Post

Oats are used to feed livestock and make a wonderful breakfast when properly cooked. Grits are kind of like oats in the way they need to be slow cooked to get the traditional goodness out of them. As vegetative matter they are not bad for you until you add things like butter. Also, both are excellent with bacon too. and pigs like to eat oats and corn (the source of grits). bacon is an excellent addition to a bowl of grits. with a little white sugar and sharp cheddar to top it off. This would be a semi traditional breakfast in the south east. It is a breakfast that no goat will appreciate. There palate it ... well ... they are goats.

As to commerice in a capitalist economy, the mark up on breakfast is enormous. As is the markup on livestock. They are labor intensive though. Current labor markets and the cost of mandated benefits have made goats, and grits, bacon, oats cost more to put on the table than seems reasonable. Why one would put a goat on their table is beside me. Maybe a mother-in-law did the cooking and someone felt the need to ensure at least one member of the dinner party ate something (even if it is the plate).
Jaysen

vic-k

Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:49 pm Post

As I remarked above , earlier on, "Just start typing, you'll be OK"
Take care and remember, numpt. now is the time to empty your mind of all non-Niad irrelevancies. Prepare yourself for the big push.
Good Luck, :wink:
Vic

Wolf_Baginski
Platform: Linux + Windows

Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:06 pm Post

The chef straightened from the breakfast-laden stove, holding a ladle of melted lard, and declared, "It was the baste of times, it was the wurst of times..."

Jaysen

Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:25 pm Post

Ducking to avoid the frying pan hurled by the neatly dressed matriarch, said chef mutter "frankly, I don't give a ham"... Much to the chef's dismay the afore mentioned matriarch came prepared with several pans. Her "wide spread" technique resulted in ... That's a different story for a different time.
Jaysen