Where Jaysen tests the patience of Mr Piggy

Jaysen
Platform: Mac + Windows

Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:51 pm Post

Piggy yelled at me :cry:

Briar Kit wrote:1. Not talented enough to participate.
I never said that didn't apply to me.
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 24 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

Br
Briar Kit
Platform: Mac

Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:14 pm Post

Jaysen wrote:Piggy yelled at me :cry:

And I never said (or thought for a moment) that it did. :lol:
Account closed January 2017

vic-k
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:46 pm Post

Jaysen wrote:Piggy yelled at me

Well numpty … his is a PIG, after all. Wot d' y'expect!
Jaysen wrote:I never said that didn't apply to me.

We know that numpt. We just take it as a given.

Briar Kit wrote:2, Not well enough to commit. :cry
Welllll hmmm. Uncle Vic can run with that one.
1. Not talented enough to participate. :(
Wellll hmmm. Concealeth not ones illuminance under a bushel, my little rose.
In the past, Uncle Vic has asked for a chapter, already assigned to another, to play with in his own time, for his own amusement. I'm fairly sure, pressure of running Niad, permitting ( and it is a lot of pressure), Piggy would send you the bumph for a chapter. You won' be submitting it, but if you don't read the finished Niad15 until you've completed yours, you'll see how your effort would have fitted in. See what you come up with. Ask him … he can only say grunt grunt! He can't bite y'.

:
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

Jaysen

Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:19 pm Post

Briar Kit wrote:
Jaysen wrote:Piggy yelled at me :cry:

And I never said (or thought for a moment) that it did. :lol:

But maybe it does. You never know.
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 24 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

Jaysen

Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:22 pm Post

vic-k wrote:

In the past, Uncle Vic has asked for a chapter, already assigned to another, to play with in his own time, for his own amusement. I'm fairly sure, pressure of running Niad, permitting ( and it is a lot of pressure), Piggy would send you the bumph for a chapter. You won' be submitting it, but if you don't read the finished Niad15 until you've completed yours, you'll see how your effort would have fitted in. See what you come up with. Ask him … he can only say grunt grunt! He can't bite y'.

If you gentlemen (and I use the term loosely with Mr K in the group), wish, we can all work on mine! I'll commit to Piggy that I'll do a real chapter but then forward it to you. That will reduce the need for extra effort on the part of the fearful leader.
Jaysen

gr
Platform: Mac + iOS

Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:46 pm Post

Jaysen wrote:
vic-k wrote:

If you gentlemen (and I use the term loosely with Mr K in the group), wish, we can all work on mine! I'll commit to Piggy that I'll do a real chapter but then forward it to you. That will reduce the need for extra effort on the part of the fearful leader.

You should split your chapter assignment into several segments and farm them out. Call it Chapter-in-an-hour (CIAH). And thereby hangs a pig tale.

Jaysen

Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:01 pm Post

gr wrote:
Jaysen wrote:
vic-k wrote:Wellll hmmm. Concealeth not ones illuminance under a bushel, my little rose.

You should split your chapter assignment into several segments and farm them out. Call it Chapter-in-an-hour (CIAH). And thereby hangs a pig tale.
Piggy won't allow teams yet. I've tried again and again. But he is sitting over there with his fingers in his ears going "nah nah nah"... see... right there...
Jaysen

vic-k
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:19 pm Post

gr&numpty!!! :evil: :shock: Don't you two wassacks twist my spewtisms to suit your own lame brained purposes!! Anyway there's not a gorilla's fart of a chance, that I would enhance your feeble literary outpouring with my scintillating prose style and command of syntactical devices usage.
SHAW G.B.
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

pigfender
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:23 pm Post

Jaysen wrote:Piggy won't allow teams yet.
Actually, as it says in the FAQS, I'm more than happy for people to collaborate and take a shared credit on a chapter if that's what they want to do. The only proviso, is that the lead writer is responsible for making sure they hold the copyright in their entire submission before submitting.

I'd be disappointed* if anyone deliberately submitted a 'joke' chapter because no matter how funny I might personally find an in-joke filled effort, there'd be 23 other chapter writers that were put out that someone in their version of the book wasn't taking it seriously.

* - probably to the point of rejecting the chapter and either requesting a complete redraft (which I have done once in the previous 4 events) or simply missing the chapter in favour of including the chapter brief instead (which, again, I've only had to do once, and that was because of a no show in the days when we only had one book).
"Some dice only have sixes." nom, 19 Oct 2013
"Piggy, I'm beginning to wonder if you are the best person to take advice from." Jaysen, 26 Sept 2014

http://www.pigfender.com | http://www.novelinaday.com

Jaysen

Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:24 am Post

Mr Piggy... I've been good for one day now. Can I have my chapter yet?
Jaysen

pigfender

Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:17 pm Post

Yes!

Go read "The Dark". Then write the next chapter, starting immediately after the book ends.
Email what you come up with to me by close of play Wednesday (by your own timezone).
"Piggy, I'm beginning to wonder if you are the best person to take advice from." Jaysen, 26 Sept 2014

Jaysen

Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:30 pm Post

I see what you are doing here.... I may just play along.
Jaysen

pigfender

Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:23 am Post

You missed the deadline, by the way.

nom
Platform: Mac + iOS

Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:46 am Post

<sigh>
There goes my weekend reading (especially since I can't read Breakfast at Tiffany's now). :roll:
Complete and utter NOMsense.

Jaysen

Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:36 am Post

pigfender wrote:You missed the deadline, by the way.

Did you stay up waiting for my submission?

It is amazing how, unless one tells everyone "bugger OFF!" life gets in the way. NiaD'15 "bugger off" sign officially posted.
Jaysen