Novel-in-a-Day 4.0: Live Free or NiaD

Montree_Whiles
Platform: Windows

Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:29 am Post

pigfender wrote:You are kidding right? I've just spent three hours producing 6 different versions and am 5 minutes away from going live.

And you want me to start again?

No, it's up to you. You're better acquainted with what's going on on your end.

Oh, and yes. In answer to your question. Just teasing.
“Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwards.”
—Robert A. Heinlein

r6
r6d2
Platform: Mac + Windows

Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:38 am Post

Montree_Whiles wrote:
pigfender wrote:You are kidding right? I've just spent three hours producing 6 different versions and am 5 minutes away from going live.

I sent you a fixed copy too. Totally up to you, of course. ;-)
r6d2

Beware of realism when writing. Avoid the usual zoo inhabitants. Summon the unicorns and the tritons, and give them reality!
--Julio Cortázar

pigfender
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:40 am Post

Everything is now live. GO READ.
You also have access to the scriv project so can tweak and compile to your satisfaction forever!
"Some dice only have sixes." nom, 19 Oct 2013
"Piggy, I'm beginning to wonder if you are the best person to take advice from." Jaysen, 26 Sept 2014

http://www.pigfender.com | http://www.novelinaday.com

r6
r6d2

Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:40 am Post

r6d2 wrote:
Montree_Whiles wrote:

I sent you a fixed copy too. Totally up to you, of course. ;-)

I'm in the BLUE copy, but my name is mispelled. Can I get that fixed, at least?
r6d2

Beware of realism when writing. Avoid the usual zoo inhabitants. Summon the unicorns and the tritons, and give them reality!
--Julio Cortázar

pigfender

Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:49 am Post

DONE.
"Piggy, I'm beginning to wonder if you are the best person to take advice from." Jaysen, 26 Sept 2014

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:49 am Post

Go sleep. We'll read.
:mrgreen:
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

pigfender

Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:50 am Post

Thank you!

RaineyCloud9
Platform: Mac

Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:06 am Post

Montree_Whiles wrote:Ugh! Just caught a glaring oopsie. I'm sending a quick fix. Paste it in or not as you like.

Oh my gosh, I'm so glad I'm not the only one. I'm reading the brief & notes out loud to one of my family & just groaned.

Jaysen

Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:07 am Post

Well, I didn't read it all, but I feel I may have missed the mark a bit. Bah!
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 24 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

Montree_Whiles

Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:12 am Post

I can't open the project file. Could that be because I use the Windows version of scrivener? Please say it's not so.
“Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwards.”
—Robert A. Heinlein

Montree_Whiles

Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:16 am Post

RaineyCloud9 wrote:
Montree_Whiles wrote:Ugh! Just caught a glaring oopsie. I'm sending a quick fix. Paste it in or not as you like.

Oh my gosh, I'm so glad I'm not the only one. I'm reading the brief & notes out loud to one of my family & just groaned.

My glaring oopsie is probably an issue more for my ego than anything else. If you read the threads from previous years, you'll there are a lot of oopsies found after the copy comes off the press. Yet, every year there's been another event.

Sleep deeply, Mr. Pigfender. You know, I still have yet to find a meaning for the name [nvm think i found it].
Last edited by Montree_Whiles on Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
—Robert A. Heinlein

r6
r6d2

Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:34 am Post

Montree_Whiles wrote:I can't open the project file. Could that be because I use the Windows version of scrivener? Please say it's not so.

I cannot open it in Windows Scrivener either... The weird thing is that there're two .scrivx files inside the the .scriv folder. None of them opens...

It opens correctly in my Mac though...
r6d2

--Julio Cortázar

Montree_Whiles

Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:40 am Post

r6d2 wrote:
Montree_Whiles wrote:I can't open the project file. Could that be because I use the Windows version of scrivener? Please say it's not so.

I cannot open it in Windows Scrivener either... The weird thing is that there're two .scrivx files inside the the .scriv folder. None of them opens...

It opens correctly in my Mac though...

I'm reminded of not being able to open the file last your. This was probably why. I think I didn't feel like messing with it so didn't follow up.
—Robert A. Heinlein

nav66
Platform: Mac

Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:21 am Post

Quick note from a newbie: This has been a grand experience. I don't know what was more fun: the writing of my section, or the reading of the finished product. I've made it up to my chapter in the Blue edition of Section7. Fabulous work by all the authors! Pleased to have been a part of it.

-- nav66, S.R. Martin

gr
Platform: Mac + iOS

Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:50 am Post

My reading order plan is to read just the bookends around my chapter to see if I totally messed up the continuity. Then I'm just gonna read Jaysen's chapter. :shock:

[UPDATE:] Aw, crap, I targeted the wrong building! I guess it is a good thing I was not entrusted with any explosives in my chapter.* So, yeah, totally messed up the lead-in continuity. I also had our heroine find new resolve in my closing -- only it turns out the next chapter is all about her coming to that resolve. Oops. My continuity rating just fell to zero.

--gr

* Ah, the hazards of writing Google/Wikipedia fiction! Google's big pointy thing harpooned the middle of a T-intersection. So, its anyone's guess which building. Oh wait, how about the big building with the grand entrance that opens out at the top of that T? Sadly, no.
Last edited by gr on Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:40 am, edited 2 times in total.