Novel-in-a-Day 4.0: Live Free or NiaD

User avatar
Montree_Whiles
Posts: 236
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:32 pm
Platform: Windows
Location: USA
Contact:

Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:29 am Post

pigfender wrote:You are kidding right? I've just spent three hours producing 6 different versions and am 5 minutes away from going live.

And you want me to start again?


No, it's up to you. You're better acquainted with what's going on on your end.

Oh, and yes. In answer to your question. Just teasing.
“Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwards.”
—Robert A. Heinlein

Image

r6
r6d2
Posts: 731
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:50 pm
Platform: Mac + Windows

Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:38 am Post

Montree_Whiles wrote:
pigfender wrote:You are kidding right? I've just spent three hours producing 6 different versions and am 5 minutes away from going live.

And you want me to start again?


No, it's up to you. You're better acquainted with what's going on on your end.

Oh, and yes. In answer to your question. Just teasing.

I sent you a fixed copy too. Totally up to you, of course. ;-)
r6d2

Beware of realism when writing. Avoid the usual zoo inhabitants. Summon the unicorns and the tritons, and give them reality!
--Julio Cortázar

User avatar
pigfender
Posts: 2510
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:25 am
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS
Location: Cognitive dissonance
Contact:

Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:40 am Post

Everything is now live. GO READ.
You also have access to the scriv project so can tweak and compile to your satisfaction forever!
"Some dice only have sixes." nom, 19 Oct 2013
"Piggy, I'm beginning to wonder if you are the best person to take advice from." Jaysen, 26 Sept 2014

Image
http://www.pigfender.com | http://www.novelinaday.com

r6
r6d2
Posts: 731
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:50 pm
Platform: Mac + Windows

Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:40 am Post

r6d2 wrote:
Montree_Whiles wrote:
pigfender wrote:You are kidding right? I've just spent three hours producing 6 different versions and am 5 minutes away from going live.

And you want me to start again?


No, it's up to you. You're better acquainted with what's going on on your end.

Oh, and yes. In answer to your question. Just teasing.

I sent you a fixed copy too. Totally up to you, of course. ;-)

I'm in the BLUE copy, but my name is mispelled. Can I get that fixed, at least?
r6d2

Beware of realism when writing. Avoid the usual zoo inhabitants. Summon the unicorns and the tritons, and give them reality!
--Julio Cortázar

User avatar
pigfender
Posts: 2510
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:25 am
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS
Location: Cognitive dissonance
Contact:

Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:49 am Post

DONE.
"Some dice only have sixes." nom, 19 Oct 2013
"Piggy, I'm beginning to wonder if you are the best person to take advice from." Jaysen, 26 Sept 2014

Image
http://www.pigfender.com | http://www.novelinaday.com

User avatar
AmberV
Posts: 20613
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:30 am
Platform: Mac + Linux
Location: Santiago de Compostela, Galiza
Contact:

Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:49 am Post

Go sleep. We'll read.
:mrgreen:
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

User avatar
pigfender
Posts: 2510
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:25 am
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS
Location: Cognitive dissonance
Contact:

Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:50 am Post

Thank you!
"Some dice only have sixes." nom, 19 Oct 2013
"Piggy, I'm beginning to wonder if you are the best person to take advice from." Jaysen, 26 Sept 2014

Image
http://www.pigfender.com | http://www.novelinaday.com

User avatar
RaineyCloud9
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:27 am
Platform: Mac

Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:06 am Post

Montree_Whiles wrote:Ugh! Just caught a glaring oopsie. I'm sending a quick fix. Paste it in or not as you like.

Oh my gosh, I'm so glad I'm not the only one. I'm reading the brief & notes out loud to one of my family & just groaned.

User avatar
Jaysen
Posts: 5746
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:00 am
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: East-Be-Jesus-Nowhere SC, USA

Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:07 am Post

Well, I didn't read it all, but I feel I may have missed the mark a bit. Bah!
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 24 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

Image

User avatar
Montree_Whiles
Posts: 236
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:32 pm
Platform: Windows
Location: USA
Contact:

Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:12 am Post

I can't open the project file. Could that be because I use the Windows version of scrivener? Please say it's not so.
“Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwards.”
—Robert A. Heinlein

Image

User avatar
Montree_Whiles
Posts: 236
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:32 pm
Platform: Windows
Location: USA
Contact:

Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:16 am Post

RaineyCloud9 wrote:
Montree_Whiles wrote:Ugh! Just caught a glaring oopsie. I'm sending a quick fix. Paste it in or not as you like.

Oh my gosh, I'm so glad I'm not the only one. I'm reading the brief & notes out loud to one of my family & just groaned.


My glaring oopsie is probably an issue more for my ego than anything else. If you read the threads from previous years, you'll there are a lot of oopsies found after the copy comes off the press. Yet, every year there's been another event.

Sleep deeply, Mr. Pigfender. You know, I still have yet to find a meaning for the name [nvm think i found it].
Last edited by Montree_Whiles on Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwards.”
—Robert A. Heinlein

Image

r6
r6d2
Posts: 731
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:50 pm
Platform: Mac + Windows

Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:34 am Post

Montree_Whiles wrote:I can't open the project file. Could that be because I use the Windows version of scrivener? Please say it's not so.

I cannot open it in Windows Scrivener either... The weird thing is that there're two .scrivx files inside the the .scriv folder. None of them opens...

It opens correctly in my Mac though...
r6d2

Beware of realism when writing. Avoid the usual zoo inhabitants. Summon the unicorns and the tritons, and give them reality!
--Julio Cortázar

User avatar
Montree_Whiles
Posts: 236
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:32 pm
Platform: Windows
Location: USA
Contact:

Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:40 am Post

r6d2 wrote:
Montree_Whiles wrote:I can't open the project file. Could that be because I use the Windows version of scrivener? Please say it's not so.

I cannot open it in Windows Scrivener either... The weird thing is that there're two .scrivx files inside the the .scriv folder. None of them opens...

It opens correctly in my Mac though...


I'm reminded of not being able to open the file last your. This was probably why. I think I didn't feel like messing with it so didn't follow up.
“Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwards.”
—Robert A. Heinlein

Image

User avatar
nav66
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:37 pm
Platform: Mac
Location: California, USA

Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:21 am Post

Quick note from a newbie: This has been a grand experience. I don't know what was more fun: the writing of my section, or the reading of the finished product. I've made it up to my chapter in the Blue edition of Section7. Fabulous work by all the authors! Pleased to have been a part of it.

-- nav66, S.R. Martin
Image

User avatar
gr
Posts: 1595
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:57 am
Platform: Mac + iOS
Location: Florida

Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:50 am Post

My reading order plan is to read just the bookends around my chapter to see if I totally messed up the continuity. Then I'm just gonna read Jaysen's chapter. :shock:

[UPDATE:] Aw, crap, I targeted the wrong building! I guess it is a good thing I was not entrusted with any explosives in my chapter.* So, yeah, totally messed up the lead-in continuity. I also had our heroine find new resolve in my closing -- only it turns out the next chapter is all about her coming to that resolve. Oops. My continuity rating just fell to zero.

--gr

* Ah, the hazards of writing Google/Wikipedia fiction! Google's big pointy thing harpooned the middle of a T-intersection. So, its anyone's guess which building. Oh wait, how about the big building with the grand entrance that opens out at the top of that T? Sadly, no.
Last edited by gr on Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:40 am, edited 2 times in total.